Sunday, February 12, 2012

Seattle!

Things have been so busy around here. Our baby girl will be here in one day and I can hardly believe it. 

Mike has been loving his work but not loving how the state runs things here in Colorado. They have been really inflexible with his training hours and made him start his hours over in Sept. due to a state tag that his facility received over 2 years ago. They have really messed up our plans of staying here in the Denver area and we have been looking for other opportunities within the company in other states. The administrator in the Seattle area decided to come to Denver last month which opened up his spot in Washington. The company offered Mike the Seattle building and its a great opportunity because he can be running it himself within a month. As much as we are so sad to leave Colorado and the timing is really hard we are excited for the adventure ahead. 

Mike was able to fly me and Abby out a few weeks ago to make sure we wanted to do the move. Abby had so much fun riding on a plane for the first time and it was great to be able to see my parents who are serving a mission there!

 Abby was very spoiled on the flight there. She got to go up front, talk on the loud speaker, and was given special wings for her stuffed kitty!




She was so excited to see her Grandma. They both were in tears. 

My hard working mama at the Mission Home



This is my parents apartment. Its very small but works good for them. I am proud of what they are doing and the sacrifices they are making!



 Before we left they took us to the Botanical Gardens by their apartment. Even in January they were really green.


So we are on our way!! Baby comes on Valentines day and then 10 days later we move out and make the drive up to Seattle. I am excited, sad, and nervous for these next few weeks!!!

4 comments:

RaeAnn February 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM  

so much going on in this post! first, you are teeny tiny! what the heck you pregnant hottie?
second your mama looks so pretty, and might I add that you two look SO alike in that pic of you together. Abby looks tall and older and pretty darn cute herself. mike, you're not so bad either.
oh, and seattle is always green in the winter and not so much in the summer. takes some getting use to.

the nervous mom February 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

Hi there! I'm not sure if you remember me..it's been quite a while but I met you once at Littleton Care when Mike was training there. I was the housekeeper there. I never comment but always read your blog and I LOVE your photos and updates about your family. I just wanted to say that I hope you have an awesome trip and also, my jaw dropped when you said your baby will be born tomorrow! : )
What a wonderful Valentine's present! I don't know Mike will ever be able to top that one (or you, for that matter). LOL Anyway..I wish nothing but the best for you guys and I hope everything goes beautifully with the birth of your baby girl. colorado will miss you all, but I totally understand the move.. we've thought about moving from Colorado to somewhere else in the next few years once my husband is finished with school. Washington is so awesome, too. I have family that lives there and they love it. At least you missed the snow! LOL Ok, I have rambled on.. much love to you all!! -Dawn

the nervous mom February 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM  

oh! and make sure to request a pulse ox (O2 check) for your little one! sorry.. I am always bothering people with that.. it's because of my daughter. It helps to screen for heart defects but so far, it's not a mandatory test in Washington. A little something I've been trying to get passed here in CO. A few states have it as a law..but not WA..yet. : )

Jetta February 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

Good luck today! CAn't wait to see pictures of the new baby, wish I could be there to help with your baby and move and everything! x+o