Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Big 6!

6 Years Old!!!! I can't believe Abby is that old. She is growing up so fast and has been looking forward to her birthday for weeks. She can't wait to start Kindergarden and asked me if I was going to be sad when she started school. She even thought it was funny that I said I would be sad. She can't wait to climb the monkey bars and play with friends everyday. She is going to love school.  She has been into bugs lately, especially butterflies. She wants a pet so badly and every grasshopper or butterfly that is caught is her best friend and many tears are shed when they die or we let them go, so we knew a bug themed party was the way to go this year.



Her favorite present! Lovie, the guinea pig. She got bows and a leash for her. Great present for Abby but not so much for Lovie.





I love her face when she opens these dragonfly earrings.

Party Time!!! We did it this year at the Butterfly Pavilion and it was so much fun and low stress too.


They did a craft project,


had a private showing of all the creatures,




and even got to hold Rosie the tarantula!



Even Mike held Rosie and he is terrified of spiders. Way to go Dad!
Then we played in the exhibit and saw all the butterflies.


Finally  it was time for food, cake, ice cream, and presents.


Abby wanted to have a dragonfly cake and we copied this design off the internet.

We love our Abby and are so blessed to have her in our family. Happy Birthday Sister!!!

3 comments:

Tara Pugmire August 8, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

I was thinking what a cool party till I got to the spider picture. Are you kidding me? I can't believe even though their is a picture of mike holding a spider that it really happened! Happy 6th my little creature lover!

Kiarra August 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

Happy birthday Abby!!!! I miss you <3

Mom August 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

I couldn't believe the picture of Mike with the spider! I was wondering if this was some kind of therapy, if so it really worked! Abby looks so grown up! What a fun party for her. Miss you all