Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Colorado House

For my family and friends who have been asking to see our new place here we go. Its a cute place with some great perks and also downfalls, but we are liking it pretty well.  We had to downsize from our other place so it is taking some getting used to, luckily we have a basement to store all our extras that don't fit in the main living spaces. Housing is different here in Colorado compared to the Boise area. They have tons of great open space around the different neighborhoods with lots of walking and riding trails as well as parks and recreation centers. There are not a lot of houses in the mid range with big yards and we went even smaller with just a deck outside. I guess we will really have to take advantage of the trails come spring and summer. The house took some major cleaning because it has been a rental for several years but with a little elbow work and some more to come its looking and smelling more like home.



The front!


The main great room in the front of the house. There are some good decorative shelves here and luckily I didn't sell my coffee table that works as a TV stand for now.



The kitchen area works although I wish there were more cupboards and storage.  There is a formal dinning area right by the front door which we use as an office area. Then on the other side of the kitchen is a breakfast nook- good thing we couldn't bring our big table it would not have fit. We got this little round guy that works well and then we have a little bar area by the formal dinning that the kids like to sit at.  I have a lot of red and black in my decor and with this red wall and black appliances it seems to go pretty well although sometimes I feel like there is a major red and black overload and its a bit matchy matchy, but its what I had. I do love the shutters that are on the first floor. The blinds and lighting upstairs is another thing.

Our lovely outdoor space. The deck is great and its fenced- Davis did escape through some hole to the neighbors deck but other than that it keeps them contained. 

 
Overall its a very nice home and we are blessed to be in it. It will be nice when Mike is done with the AIT program-training and we can look for something a little bigger as well as a yard. The upstairs is pretty boring with the three bedrooms and two baths. I miss my old walk-in closets and storage space but the kids think this new house is great because it has stairs and a little balcony that looks over the great room. Abby told my mom on the phone the other day- "my room looks like MY room" I am glad she feels so at home with her things. I am getting there as well. 


We are ready for visitors now!!! Grandma is on the list, who else is coming?




5 comments:

Kim Dubois March 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

Guys, it's so cute! I'm so jealous. I keep telling Ben, "Amber and Mike just spontaneously moved to Colorado. Wouldn't it be fun if we did that too?"

RaeAnn March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

Looks AWESOME! It is so weird to be happy and sad all at the same time just seeing your stuff in a new house. Me and Kathleen were talking about you today...how you are a rare friend...the kind that feels like a sister. Also got your sweet note today about an hour after I finally opened the gift. Made me cry again. Miss you a LOT.

Ky"sa" March 10, 2011 at 6:56 AM  

I really LOVE the red wall! It's striking and creates a warm space. Your stuff looks so cute in it. Of course Davis found the "hole!!" Agh! That little guy! Oh I miss those cheeks! We will definately be on the list to come visit; just don't know when yet!! Glad you are feeling a little more at home.

Tara Pugmire March 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

It looks like such a cool house. The colors of paint are great. You do such a good job of decorating and I am sure that is why it looks so good. Thanks for finally showing us some pict!

ej March 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

Yay for pics!!! Though all it did was make me feel like crap cuz you are what, two weeks in? and I am two years in (almost) and my house isn't decorated anywhere near as nice. :) It looks so cute Amber, you are so good at making a house a home.