Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow day and Sad Day!

We finally got some snow to stick right before Christmas and sadly enough this was the first real time the kids got to put on all their gear and go play in it.


Photobucket

I found this snow suit at a garage sale this summer, it was Germany and it worked so well!




Photobucket


Photobucket

Michael was nervous but he finally got into it when we the buckets come out. He even got his baseball tee out and hit balls- just a little hard to find the white ball in all that snow!

Photobucket

When all else fails and you get hungry-eat snow!!


This day was really great. I just wish it had ended better. After taking pictures of the kids I came in to start dinner. Davis refused to sleep and was crying in his crib so I went to get him. He was so fussy but I had to work on dinner so I set him down for a bit and his grabby little fingers reached up over the counter and pulled off my camera onto the floor. Not good news- my new lens was cracked all along the side. I just sat on the couch and cried. When Mike got home he was really nervous to see me cry because he thought someone had died. I guess Davis nearly lost his life after that stunt, but I couldn't even be mad at him because he just kept looking up at me with those big blue eyes wondering what had just happened. We will see what the damage is when the lens company calls me this week- cross your fingers for at least some good news!



4 comments:

ej January 11, 2010 at 2:59 AM  

Oh Amber!!! I'm so sorry! That's terrible and I have my fingers crossed for good news on a fix...
There is an infamous story in my fam when as a toddler I flipped the the lock on one of the legs on my dad's tripod and that was the end of a video camera, you know the kind that were the size of a huge boom box? Yeah, not sure he ever forgave me, lol.

Anonymous January 11, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Oh that stinks. I hope they can fix it for not too much $$!

danicanelson.photography January 12, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Hi Amber - thanks for your comment. I will address your questions in a post on my website soon!

RaeAnn January 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

oh Davis...break my camera next time, OK? It wouldn't even affect the quality of pictures I take.