Monday, December 28, 2009

Crowley Christmas!

We had an awesome Christmas starting with Christmas Eve at my parents home with siblings and cousins. Pictures soon to come. On Christmas morning it was just our little family. We let the kids take their time opening gifts and took a long break in the middle to eat breakfast. This year was so fun now that the kids really get what is going on. Abby kept telling everyone she was on the nice list and at the "top of the nice" list. I made them each a cape- Cars for Michael and Dora/Princess for Abby. We finished the day off with dinner at my sister Trevi's house and a movie that night. It was really a great Christmas!


Photobucket
tired Davis on Christmas Eve!

Photobucket
Abby leaving cookies for Santa and she insisted on chocolate milk!

Photobucket
Abby and her Dora Cape and Dora doll.

Photobucket
I love his face when he sees the cars cape!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
A funny story about Christmas morning was that Michael came into our bed around 8 or so I thought. He was restless in our bed so I told Mike to put him in the tub. Mike was pretty grouchy and so was Michael. I thought it was strange when Mike said he was going to lay down in bed with Michael after the tub because all of the other kids would be getting up really soon but I didn't say anything. We were all so tired from staying up late. I fell back to sleep then heard Davis crying. I looked at the clock and freaked out because it said 10:00. For some reason I had thought Mike had ended up going upstairs to watch a show and wait for the other kids and I was thinking he was still waiting for us 2 hours later. I rush out of bed and got dressed, got Davis, and then realize it is still dark out. I went and looked at another clock and it said 6:30. What the heck. The power went out late that night and it messed our clocks up, so poor Michael was put in the bath tub at 4am. and I was ready to open presents at 6:30am. This picture is of Davis and I awake at 6:30am. I did get him back to sleep and poor Mike and Michael slept till 9:00. I was so tired Christmas morning from all the time confusion but we did eventually open presents!



































3 comments:

Anonymous December 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

Oh no sorry about the time mix up! Christmas sounded just wonderful :)

ej December 29, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

Oh my gosh, bath time at 4 am! Whoops! We got a late start, 9am as well, this year and I am glad we weren't the only ones. I felt bad but the children haven't said a word about it since. Hopefully you guys got a Christmas nap???

RaeAnn December 29, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Your post made me smile--perfect day! Oh, and the power out messed me up too. I was cooking a big dinner and was shocked when my fam showed up 45 minutes "early". How did I set it 45 minutes off you ask? Baby brain