Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Candy Cane Festival 12-11

Mike had to work this particular day but I decided to go to the Candy Cane Festival anyway with my friend Hailey and her family. She had two extra kids along with them so total we had 7 kids, 1 baby, and 3 adults. We got a lot of looks, but the kids were so good. It was really busy so we didn't go on the tour. I decided I would do this on a day where you didn't have to wait an entire hour. It was such a warm day and the kids had a blast.



They loved this train ride.



Getting free candy canes.

The whole gang minus the babe.




My kids wanted to stay and wait for the wagon ride. It took about 45 mins. but they loved it especially since they got to pet the horse after.




My kids really wanted some more candy canes but I didn't want to wait for the tour to get some so I tried to sneak in the back exit. I was caught by a worker so I just confessed and he went inside and brought out giant specialty candy canes for us all. He definitely had the Christmas spirit and made our day! Abby was really happy about hers and wanted a picture of it.


We went back a few weeks later for the actual tour of the candy making with some friends. All of their candy is hand made and it was fun to see them making it and not have to wait an hour for the tour!


0 comments: